Thank you for your interest in our ACGME accredited 3 year Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program at Baystate Medical Center/tufts University School of Medicine. We currently offer 3 positions per year for a total of 9 fellows; the program provides an academically and clinically rigorous training program in general cardiology as well as advanced training in clinical cardiology subspecialties and cardiovascular research. The curriculum is designed to provide a broad clinical exposure in acute and chronic cardiovascular care occurring in the inpatient and outpatient settings, as well as extensive experience in non-invasive and invasive cardiac procedures.
All fellow trainees selected for the Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship Training Program are required to have completed an accredited three year residency program in internal medicine. Fellowship trainees are selected through the NRMP (National Resident Matching Program).
Fellowship Director: Mara T. Slawsky, MD, PhD, FACC
Fellowship Coordinator: Lora Fillion email: Lora.Fillion@baystatehealth.org phone: 413.794.8722
Program & Department Statistics
- Length of fellowship: 3 years
- Number of fellows per year: 3
- Number of faculty: 24
- Number of hospital beds: 716
- Number of residency programs: 10
- Number of fellowship programs: 20
Fellow Benefits & Facilities
- Salary — PG4: $64,600, PG5: $67,400, PG6: $67,400, PG7; $73,000
- 4 weeks vacation/year, meal subsidy, free parking
- Disability/Malpractice/Health/Life Insurance
- Comprehensive electronic medical record
- Well-supplied, on-campus hospital library with 8 librarians and robust e-medicine resources (Up-to-Date, Ovid, etc)
- Access to Tufts Health Science electronic library
The 36 months of training include 6 months in echocardiography, 5 months in the consultation service, 5 months in the cardiac catheterization laboratory, 5 months in the CICU, 5 months in research, 2 months in the electrophysiology/pacemaker service and 2 months in nuclear cardiology. During the remaining 6 months of training, the fellow may elect to take advanced training in diagnostic catheterization, noninvasive cardiology, pacemakers, or research.
- Weekly educational conferences: ECG, Echo, Cath, EP, Nuclear
- Monthly educational conferences: Research, M&M, Journal Club, Cardiac Surgery