As the Western Campus for Tufts University School of Medicine, Baystate Medical Center will accept TUSM students approved for clinical electives by the Office of the Registrar.
- Initial registration will take place during the lottery for 4th year electives coordinated by the TUSM Office of the Registrar.
- Students must be fully registered at least one month prior to the start date of the elective unless alternative arrangements have been made.
BMC Criminal Background Check Verification
The TUSM Office of Student Affairs must fill out and sign the BMC Criminal Background Check Verification Form. This form will be provided to each student who is registered for a Baystate rotation.
The TUSM Student Advisory and Health Administration will forward your immunization certificate to BMC. Proof of current immunizations must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the start of any rotation. Students may not begin their rotation until clearance has been obtained.
- Please note, in addition to your immunization record, an Annual N95 Mask Fit Test and a second TB test within the last 12 months of your start date, are required for clearance.
- The Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the CDC has mandated that all health care workers obtain the seasonal influenza vaccine yearly and fill out the Flu Vaccination Election Form.
Students may cancel or reschedule up to 3 electives without penalty. A student will forfeit all future electives if they:
- Cancel an elective within 30 days of the start date.
- Cancel or reschedule a 4th elective without prior approval of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Fail to report to their scheduled elective.
The following electives may not be dropped:
- Emergency Medicine
- Neurology (Internal Medicine)
- Pediatric Acting Internship
- Infectious Disease
TUSM students may register for an unlimited number of clinical electives, however they are only eligible for a maximum of four consecutive electives or six electives total of complimentary on-campus housing.