It's a Privilege to Care For Patients
Likewise, it's a privilege for us to train residents - and we take our charge seriously.
As an internal medicine resident at Baystate, you will:
- Work in partnership with patients, faculty, nurses, and other professionals as part of our team
- Build your knowledge and experience in an environment that embraces the strength of diversity
- Hone your skills in Baystate's American College of Surgeons-accredited Simulation Center
|Faculty member and former resident, Gina Luciano, MD talks about her training at Baystate Medical Center and why she stayed.
First You Learn, Then You Manage, Then You Teach
As you progress through our Learner-Manager-Teacher Model you gain more independence as you become more comfortable and proficient as a doctor.
- PGY1 - As a Learner, you build a foundation of clinical skills under the supervision of a PGY3 resident teacher and attending.
- PGY2 - As a Manager, you gain confidence caring for more complex patients, making decisions on your own as you collaborate 1 on 1 with your attending.
- PGY3 - As a Teacher, you refine your clinical skills and build leadership and teaching skills as you supervise a pair of learners.
We are among only 21 residencies chosen for ACGME’s Educational Innovation Program. The L-M-T Model is the framework of Baystate's EIP.
Customize Your Schedule to Meet Your Career Goals
Interested in subspecialty training? Our graduates have successfully obtained competitive fellowships at excellent university hospitals, including our own.
Take advantage of individualized training tracks in:
- Business in Medicine
- Community Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Healthcare Quality and Hospitalist
- Primary Care
- Women's Health
Baystate's Internal Medicine Residency is ACGME-accredited. Baystate Medical Center is a major teaching, clinical and research affiliate of Tufts University School of Medicine.