The Department of Surgery participates in the ERAS Program for the residency application process. ERAS is an online service of the Association of American Medical Colleges that transmits residency applications, recommendation letters, Dean's Letters, transcripts, and other supporting credentials to residency program directors. For ERAS application information, visit the ERAS site.
- The deadline for the receipt of the complete ERAS application for the residency program is December 1.
- Any application received through the mail will not be considered.
- Completed applications are reviewed and qualified applicants are identified based on academic performance, passing USMLE/COMLEX I & II scores, letters of recommendation and clinical experience.
- An invitation to interview is extended to qualified applicants. Unfortunately, because of the limited number of interview slots available and the large number of applications received, not all of those individuals who are qualified can be offered an interview.
- Completed ERAS Application
- Dean's Letter
- Three(3) Letters of Recommendation
- USMLE Step I, II (USMLE scores must be provided with the application in order to be accepted)
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the United States or Canada)
- Photo (optional)
- All residency applicants must fulfill Baystate's Resident & Fellow Appointment Requirements
If you are considered for an appointment, you will be asked to visit Baystate Medical Center for an interview with the program director and selected faculty.