At Baystate Medical Practices Sports & Exercise Medicine we care for and treat athletes and active individuals participating in all levels of sports from school-aged children, to the weekend warrior, to the professional level.
Athletes Treating Athletes
Under the direction of Dr. Darius Greenbacher, Sports & Exercise Medicine takes a multidisciplinary approach to care for athletes and active individuals from injury prevention to non-surgical care and rehabilitation of sports related illnesses and injuries. Our specialists provide expert evaluations and create personalized treatment plans for your rehabilitation so you can recover as quickly and safely as possible.
- Rapid care with individualized care plans
- Sports concussions – including ImPACT
- State-of-the-art imaging technology
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) injections
- Individualized return to play plan of each athlete
- Physician-directed physical therapy
- Consultation services for coaches/trainers
- Community education and screening programs
- Medical coverage at sporting events
- Coaches’ Hotline for rapid assessment & care of athletes
- Dietary consultation
- Kinesio taping for pain management/improved function
- Biomechanical evaluation
- Certified Athletic Trainers
With Sports & Exercise Medicine practices located in Greenfield and Northampton, MA, our sports medicine team provides comprehensive care across the Pioneer Valley. The providers at BMP Sports & Exercise Medicine pride themselves on understanding the “athletic mind-set”. They work with the patient, tailoring care around training and competition schedules. All of the providers are themselves athletes which helps them care for each person with understanding and compassion.
About Dr. Greenbacher
Darius Greenbacher, MD, Sports Medicine Program Director
American Board of Emergency Medicine
||University of Minnesota
||Baystate Medical Center (Emergency Medicine)
||University of Massachusetts Medical School (Sports Medicine)
Meet our Athletic Trainer
Thomas O'Brien, ATC, Sports Medicine Head Athletic Trainer
||National Athletic Trainers' Association
||Keene State College, B.S., Athletic Training
||Injury Prevention, Clinical Evaluation and Diagnosis and Treatment and Rehabilitation of Musculoskeletal Injuries.