Heal your wound. Heal your life.
Everyday activities can be a battle for patients living with a chronic wound. Without proper treatment they may suffer for years, or worse, may face amputation. Our goal is to help patients heal faster so they can get back to their normal lives.
Baystate + Accelecare = Advanced Care
The Baystate Franklin Wound Center offers advanced, accelerated care for chronic and hard-to-heal wounds. We have teamed with Accelecare--a leading wound care provider with over 80 centers nationally—to provide a proven process of care. We coordinate a multi-disciplinary panel of physicians, nurses and technicians who use evidence-based techniques to achieve that the highest rates of healing outcomes.
Comprehensive Care for the Hard-to-Heal
Most wounds heal with cleaning, bandages, and a little time. We treat difficult wounds--the persistent ones, often complicated by other medical problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. This level of care comes through:
- Evidence-based comprehensive care that manages all disorders and conditions related to the wound.
- A multidisciplinary team of physicians and health professionals specially trained in the evidence-based care.
- Therapies and leading technology such as bioengineered tissue, adjunctive physical therapy modalities, and hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
The Region's Only Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is one of the advanced treatment options we offer. It is one of the most powerful tools for treating the hardest-to-heal wounds. It works by improving oxygen flow to tissues that stimulate the formation of new blood vessels and encourage cell growth. In short, it speeds up the healing process.
What We Treat:
| • Leg ulcers
• Wounds secondary to infection
• Diabetic foot ulcers, DFU
• Arterial ulcers
• Pressure ulcers (i.e., decubiti)
• Traumatic wounds
• Post operative wounds
• Complex soft tissue wounds
• Compromised skin grafts and flaps
• Radiation tissue damage and bone
• Osteomyelitis (infection/inflammation of bone/marrow)
• Second and third degree burn wounds
• Open or closed wounds complicated by necrotic tissue
Treatments may include:
In addition to more conventional treatments such as cleaning the wound, infection control and dressing, we offer advanced techniques such as:
• Hyperbaric medicine
• Bioengineered skin substitutes
• Vacuum assisted closure
• Customized Compression Therapy