Que es El Consejo Asesor De Pacientes y Familias?
The Baystate Health Patient & Family Advisory Council is made up of a diverse group of patients, family members and community members who represent the ‘collective voice of our patients and families’ at Baystate Medical Center, Baystate Children's Hospital, Baystate Franklin Medical Center, and Baystate Mary Lane Hospital.
The Family Advisory Council aims to ensure the delivery of high quality, safe and positive memorable health care experiences for patients and their families at Baystate Health hospital's. The Family Advisory Council discusses ideas and provides insight into changes that will improve service to patients and families.
- Encourages greater understanding of the healthcare experience through the eyes of the patient and family.
- Actively participates in establishing a strong partnership between Baystate Health hospital staff, patients, and families.
- Honestly shares perceptions and expectations concerning healthcare at inpatient and outpatient areas.
- Evaluates practices, programs and services and provides recommendations that respond to the unique needs of the patient and family based on family-centered care principles.
- Channels needs, concerns, and recommendations to the hospital leadership team for review and direction.
- Contributes to the education of present and future healthcare providers.
- Provides a vital link between Baystate Health Hospital's and the community.
What types of issues will the council address?
The Council may discuss any aspect of hospital or support operations – including admission/discharge practices, facility design, patient safety or communications. The goals of the Council are to:
- Strengthen decision-making by drawing upon the diverse experiences and viewpoints of the people who look to BH hospitals for care;
- Offer insight and recommendations for improving quality, service, safety, access, education and patient/family satisfaction and loyalty;
- Serve as a coordinating group to receive and respond to patient and community input, channeling information, needs and concerns to staff and administration.
- Enhance relationships between BH patients and families and the community;
- Reflect the unique culture of each BH hospital and reflect the socio-demographics of the hospital’s patient service area.