Baystate Health neurologists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the nervous system in adults (age 18 and beyond). We see patients on an outpatient basis on referral from their primary care health providers.
We provide inpatient consultations to Baystate Medical Center and Baystate Franklin Medical Center patients. We also have a Pediatric Neurology team based at Baystate Children's Hospital.
The Neurology Division provides diagnostic laboratory procedures, including:
- Nerve conduction studies and electromyography
- Electroencephalography (EEG) and epilepsy monitoring
- Sleep studies (Baystate Regional Sleep Program)
- Evoked potentials
- Transcranial doppler.
Learn more about the Neurology Laboratory at Baystate Medical Center.
Baystate Health provides neurodiagnostic imaging, including:
- Computerized tomography (CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine brain blood flow evaluations (SPECT)
- Position Emission Tomography (PET)
- Ultrasonography of the blood vessels in the neck.
In addition to traditional outpatient office evaluations, the Division provides:
- Sleep Medicine Clinic
- First-time Seizure Clinic
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Clinic (MDA) (monthly)
- Medical Residents' Neurology Subspecialty Clinic (weekly)
- ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) clinic (monthly).