The Best from Day One
One of life's most precious, amazing moments is the birth of your baby. We want your birthing experience at Baystate Medical Center to be the best posible for all of you. That's why we provide personalized care with a range of birthing options, skilled experts, individualized nursing care, and a comfortable, welcoming environment, including:
- Private birthing rooms
- A water tub for hydrotherapy
- Anesthesiologists and pediatricians on-site around the clock
- High-risk services provided by the region's only Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- The region's most comprehensive selection of childbirth and parent education classes
- Board-certified lactation consultants and breastfeeding services
- Interpreter services in most languages 24 hours a day
- Room service and a kitchenette for patients and families
Welcome to the Wesson Birthing Center
When you arrive at the Wesson Birthing Center at BMC to have your baby.
Since every family’s birth experience is unique, we offer a variety of birthing options. You and your doctor or nurse-midwife should take time during your pregnancy to discuss your labor and delivery choices.
In addition to seeing women who come to the hospital in labor, we also treat women for many different problems that occur during pregnancy.
Women who experience miscarriages, ectopic pregnancies, bleeding, premature labor and medical complications such as diabetes and toxemia may also be seen and treated here.
Get more details
about the Wesson Birthing Center facility.
Take the Virtual Tour.
If you need more information,
please call our Parent Education Manager at 413-794-5515.
We will be happy to respond to your questions.