Baystate Medical Center Wesson Women and Infants' Unit proves special, personalized care with a range of birthing options and individualized nursing care.
- You can create your Personal Birth Plan for the delivery of your baby.
- You can choose to use our labor tub.
- We prepare you for childbirth and infant care with classes and free publications for new and expecting parents, including breastfeeding support.
- We have answers to questions new parents-to-be ask to help you make informed decisions and better understand your options for making your birthing experience exactly the way you want it.
- Our expert nurses and nurse-midwives listen to you and provide indivudalized care.
- We encourage family participation.
- We have flexible visiting hours
- Your partner may stay overnight with you in your room on a folding cot
- We provide a free meal for one partner and offer a room service menu for snacks and meals for your visitors.
YOUR BIRTH PLAN
To ensure that your birthing experience at Baystate Medical Center is everything you want it to be, our obstetrical staff developed a birth plan worksheet. The birth plan:
- Outlines all the birthing options we offer our patients.
- Lets you make important personal choices and select your preferences for your birth experience.
- Can also remind you of issues to discuss with your obstetrician or nurse-midwife ahead of time.
Obviously, no birth can be truly planned, as births continually surprise even those who have worked in the profession for many years.
Print out and complete your birth plan to discuss with our staff. The completed plan will be our record of your intentions so we can provide you with individualized care. We want to make your maternity stay at Baystate a birthing experience to remember.
If you have questions about anything in the birth plan, phone 413-794-BABY (794-2229).