Who We Are:
The Pediatric Rheumatology team of Baystate Children's Hospital cares for children and adolescents with arthritis and other inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. Our team can provide your child with state-of-the-art diagnosis, treatment and clinical management.
What We Treat:
Children are often referred to a Pediatric Rheumatologist by their doctor because they have had:
- persistent or frequent fevers
- unusual rashes
- joint pain
- swelling, or stiffness
- muscle weakness
- and other musculoskeletal problems.
We are also asked to see patients for:
- evaluation and management of Lyme arthritis
- chronic unexplained musculoskeletal pain
- abnormal laboratory tests such as positive antinuclear antibodies,
- and an array of complex medical conditions.
Peter Blier, MD
Medical School: Boston City Hospital
Residency: Yale University School of Medicine
Board Certification: Rheumatology