A Service of Baystate Medical Center
Who We Are:
When your child comes to Baystate Children's Hospital, he or she receives care from a team of doctors, nurses, and other medical experts who combine their efforts to give your child the highest level of care.
Our pediatric hospitalists closely coordinate and supervise this care, and one of them will be the person you can count on to keep you informed. The pediatric hospitalist program is key to Baystate's commitment to provide family-centered care. Our priorities are:
- To make sure your child gets well as quickly as possible
- To answer your questions and meet your needs.
Pediatric hospitalists are specially trained to care for children and adolescents while they are in the hospital. After medical school, they receive three or more years of specialty training in pediatrics. At Baystate Children's Hospital, all the hospitalists are board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics, and many of them also are trained in internal medicine or adult medicine.
The Pediatric Hospital Medicine Program is composed pediatricians who offer a coordinated, family-centered approach to pediatric care. Treatments provided include:
- Infectious diseases of the blood, skin, lungs, kidneys and other organs
- Respiratory illnesses such as pneumonia, asthma, and croup
- Any condition severe enough to require hospitalization
- Care for children with chronic illnesses and special health care needs
- Care for infants, children, and adolescents
- Surgery recovery
- Newborn care
Frequently asked questions about hospital medicine....
Jackson H. Williams, MD, Director, Pediatric Hospital Medicine Program
Bryant Benson, MD
Beth L. Carter, MD
Ian Scott Goodman, MD
Rohini Harvey, MD
Harry L. Hoar III, MD
Satoko Igarashi, MD
Brendan P. Kelly, MD, Associate Program Director for Med/Peds Program
Meet the team....
Patient Insurance and Billing Information