Baystate's trauma services is staffed by board certified surgeons, specialists in both trauma and critical care.
Reginald Alouidor, M.D.
M. George DeBusk, M.D.
Andrew Doben, M.D.
Ronald I. Gross, M.D., Chief, Division of Trauma & Emergency Surgery Services
Jaromir Kohout, M.D.
Jeffry Nahmias, M.D.
Lisa A. Patterson, M.D., Director, Trauma Program
Eleanor S. Winston, M.D.
Deborah Dupre, Trauma Program Practice Manager
Karen Carrens, P.A.-C.
They can call upon and collaborate with any Baystate specialist, including those in Emergency and Resuscitation care, Critical Care, Wound Care, Orthopedics, and more.
Our trauma team combines a unique blend of
- Sophisticated equipment
- Skilled staff
- Specially trained doctors, nurses, therapists, technicians, social workers, and others who are experienced in the care of the trauma patient.
- A well-synchronized team approach involving collaboration between doctors, nurses and other professionals.
- Around-the-clock care, and 24 hour emergency access to hospital support services (such as laboratories, pharmacies, and operating rooms).
- Specialized equipment to monitor and support organ systems which may not be functioning normally (such as heart, lungs, kidneys).
- A highly structured environment with many rules and routines, to ensure proper and thorough care.
- Specialized support services such as social workers, pastoral services and other health care staff are available to support you and your loved one during this difficult time.