Adult Weight Management Practice
759 Chestnut Street
The Adult Weight Management Practice is a complete, multidisciplinary treatment regimen for people who want or need to lose weight. Our team consists of physicians, dietitians, psychologists, and exercise trainers who specialize in weight management. The practice incorporates medical monitoring, nutritional counseling, and increased physical activity. It might also incorporate appetite suppression medication and the use of a meal replacement product.
- Initial evaluation
- Practice questionnaire
- Evaluation visits with:
- Psychologist (Behavioral Health)*
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation specialist evaluation* (variable)
- One month follow-up visits to review goals and determine weight loss options, with:
- Four individual weight management visits at three, six, nine and 12 months with:
- Weekly group sessions- 14 weeks total with: (16 weeks if in liquid diet/nutrition group)
- Dietitian (7 weeks)
- Behavioral Health* (opposite 7 weeks)
- Group exercise classes
- Individual exercise orientations with Exercise Physiologist
- Maintenance Phase
- Group sessions- twice per month
If your insurance requires co-pays then those co-pays will apply for all visits and activities noted with an asterisk (*).
You may be required to pay for services from other departments, as part of the treatment agenda (i.e., Regional Sleep Program, echo cardiogram, extra behavioral health visits, etc.).
Note: Liquid diets are not covered by insurance and would be an out-of-pocket expense.
Baystate has a financial counselor who can help with payment plans if insurance doesn’t cover services. If an insurance company does not cover any or all of the components, the client is responsible for remaining payment.
Examples of Expenses: Health New England Insurance
- Initial visit with:
- Physician/Dietitian: co-pay ($20.00)
- Behavioral Health: co-pay ($20.00)
- Physical Medicine & Rehab: co-pay ($20.00)
- 30-day follow-up with Physician/Dietitian: co-pays ($20.00)
- Further follow-up visits:
- Three-month follow-up Physician/Dietitian: co-pay ($20.00)
- Six-month follow-up Physician/Dietitian: co-pay ($20.00)
- Nine-month follow-up Physician/Dietitian: co-pay ($20.00)
- 12-month follow-up Physician/Dietitian: co-pay ($20.00)
- Seven behavior group meetings: seven @ $20.00 each = $140.00 total
- If using a liquid diet there will be eight behavior group meetings in addition to the 8 nutrition group meetings)
- Labs, tests, studies: amount varies. Co-pays apply
- Weight loss medications: amount varies. Co-pays apply
- Liquid diet cost: amount varies. Total out-of-pocket expense.
Total = minimum can reach $300.00 over the course of the year