As a patient at Baystate Health, you have the responsibility to:
- Provide your health care team with a complete and accurate medical history.
- Tell your physician about medications you have been taking.
- Leave your valuable personal items at home, or send them home with family members. The hospital is not responsible for valuables, such as jewelry or cash, or personal items, such as dentures, glasses, or hearing aids.
- Be thoughtful of other patients. Please limit the number of guests in your room, and minimize noise.
- Communicate your comments, complaints, suggestions, or compliments to our staff.
- Give information about your medical insurance (or lack of it) to our Financial Counselors.
- Take responsibility for your hospital bill to the extent of your ability to pay.
- Talk to your doctor if you wish to leave the hospital against medical advice.
- Keep appointments made for you after you go home (or notify your doctor or the hospital if you are unable to do so.)